Wednesday, January 2, 2013

December in Arizona - Part 3

On my last night in Az, my mom took me to the Desert Botanical Gardens. They were having their annual Las Noches de las Luminarias.


Most of my pictures at night don't look so good, so I took grabbed this one (above) from their website to give you an idea. Everything was all lit up outside. The path ways, the gardens, even the cactus. They had live bands and little shows. We listened to an indian story teller. It was really neat. It does get cold out in the desert though. Once the sun went down, the temperature dropped quick.





Here is the view of the city from the mountain we hiked up.

The next morning before I headed to the airport, we went to the superstition mountains to hike a little. We watched the sun come up over the peak.





After hiking, I packed up and was off. I wasn't nearly as nervous getting on the plane to come home. I am so glad I overcame my silly fear and went. It was an awesome visit!

No comments: