Sunday, August 10, 2008

Raspberries

There are lots of things I love about my house, but one of the best is the yard. We have lots of room, a peach tree and raspberry bushes. Kyle remembers the raspberries from when we first moved in last summer and has literally been looking forward to them to bear fruit again for a year.
This is of course all new to Blake. But I think he may already be a bigger fan of them than Kyle. As soon as I mention the word raspberry, he is hollering "bee wee!" (berry) and making a beeline for the back door.


Look at that cute belly.


It was worth waiting one whole year.


Thanks big brother.

I was hoping to be able to make jam this year but the berries disappear so fast that I won't have jam. But I do have some cute pictures and the boys will have some fun memories.

2 comments:

Sue said...

My kids have chowed all our raspberries too. Maybe they'll become expert pickers and all we'll have to do is work on the not eating them part and we'll have slaves to bring us raspberries for jam in the years to come.

Anonymous said...

ha, apa lagi! I miss you there, you have such fun family rituals.