I went to pick up Kyle from school this week, just waiting in my car like all the other moms. I see his teacher come out the door and behind her all the kids following like little duckies, single file on the sidewalk. All the kids that is, except Kyle. Kyle hits that door and says to himself, heck with single file. Running through the grass, jumping around the light pole and kicking rocks looks so much more fun. So while every other kid is waiting by the fence, Kyle is having fun. After a minute, he looks around, sees me waiting for him, and gets so excited to see me! I love it! He waves, big happy smile, and even though I can't hear him yet, I see him saying "HI MOM!" Then he says goodbye to his teacher and skips happily over and gets in the van.
Sometimes you appreciate your kids for things that are different that yourself. This is definately one of those times for me. I am very much a by the book person. But Kyle is an out of the box thinker and I just love it. Sometimes I let it frustrate me, but I can see that it is such a blessing and an amazing talent to have.
Kyle is also very sweet to his brothers, both of them. In fact, every day Blake's greeting to Kyle is, "Whatcha got Kyle?" because if Kyle ever gets a treat at school, he always saves it for his little brother. How sweet is that? And of course he is loving the new baby. What a wonderful big brother he is.
I love you Kyle!
6 comments:
That's a fun little story. It is fun to see what traits our kids get from us, and what ones come from their own individual personalities. Kyle is a cute little guy and I think it's great that he is such a good brother.
This boy looks more like you than when I met him 3 yrs ago.
http://www.mymanja.com/?page_name=_Graffiti
or copy and paste to your browser window, sorry I deleted the last comment, the message that the comment was deleted is so ugly, have time to see my micro blog too. The personal "blog" page is still on private, when you get back to zooloo, only because the dad works there.
Tara went to a Star Wars birthday party, she knows what light saber is now. :)
Thank you for adding me to your bloggie friend list. :D we also have besofabulous.zooloo.com. It was me that posted the mother's day video!
I meant to type Tara, Wardiah knows what light saber is now. I'm posting the cupcake recipe we used for our may cupcakes! first time they liked frosting.
Post a Comment