Sunday, May 30, 2010

Smiling!

I have been waiting for this! Dallin started smiling last Friday! When I was in the hospital I was so worried that I would miss it; it is one of my favorite milestones. But Dallin waited for me to get home and I finally caught in on camera this morning.



Last Thursday he turned 6 weeks old and, do I dare type this? He doesn't have colic! He definately has his fussy times in the evenings. But overall he is a calm baby, he sleeps well and is good natured.

I think of the first year with Blake and Kyle. It was so amazing to have them in our home, but they were both difficult babies. I don't ever remember having dinner together for months after Blake was born. One of us was always holding him while he screamed. Every video I have of Kyle had Blake's cry in the background. Sometimes I will just put Dallin in his bouncer and he just sits there, happy! While I rock Dallin, sometimes he will just drift off to sleep. I used to envy moms that had that experience. Now I have it and it is amazing.

It can still be difficult having three boys, but I wouldn't trade them for the world. They are awesome and I am blessed. Now if we could all stay healthy, that would be the icing on the cake.

By the way, Blake is awesome now. He sleeps good and is a happy boy. I just love this picture-

No comments: