It was our 10th anniversary this year. That would be an awesome trip for the big 10. Brian's flight is already paid for. Since he is working crazy hours out there, it doesn't seem like a good idea to go while he works during the day, I would be there all by myself mostly. Plus, he is sharing a hotel with some other guy. Wierd. So, what I'd like to do is have him change his flight home to 3 days later and I would fly out and spend those days with him. Sounds so fun! BUT, Delta airlines is being difficult. They want so much money for a flight change fee that it almost isn't even worth it. We would spend so much just changing his flight that we could just fly out some other time that's more convenient.
The other thing holding me back is my fear of flying. I hate it. Full on panic attack hate it. It is not so much the flying itself. I don't have claustophobia or anything. I just have this wierd fear that my house is going to disappear while I am gone. I realize it is irrational, but it is a strong enough fear that I almost don't want to do it. But I can't let the crazy win. So, I really should go to Hawaii, right? When else is something like this going to come up? We are going to keep trying to get Delta to change his flight for a more reasonable amount of money. If that happens, then I am going. If not, then maybe another time.
Canoe surfing looks so fun!

4 comments:
you should totally do it! (well, if it's too expensive to change the flight, you def should go soon) and spend more than 3 days. You need at least a week to fully enjoy Hawaii. I've been there twice and really, 3 days is just enough to make you angry you aren't staying longer :D
and just have someone house sit. Then you'll be taken good care of! I hope you get to go. you deserve it!
That's okay! Not at all a good idea. Worldly things, don't push yourself so much. It's still U.S.! But if you do get on an airplane come see the family here PLEASE> I think it's been about 4 years,
So nice you to hear your family is so busy! Us too, Company here working on new projects and the girls have private school.
I'm updating the girls blog soon, I got behind at fasting month and school started during the same time. I'm trying to catch up on things it's very tiring here too. Your giggle video is coming too. thanks for waiting on that.
pretty picture
Post a Comment