Sunday, June 10, 2012

Somebody told me that the month of May was busier for them than December. I am starting to see that is true. There is so much going on at the kids' school with the year end. Plus it was soccer season for Blake and Kyle. Throw scouting in as well as Brian finishing school and both of us starting new jobs, it has been a very busy few weeks. But lots of fun!

Soccer! I loved watching the boys do soccer. They both did really well with it.

Blake surprised me with his defense. One game in particular, he stopped 6 goal attempts and stole the ball I don't know how many times.

Here is Blake as he is about to make his first, and only goal. So fun! I think I was happier than he was.

This was Kyle's first attempt at soccer too. I think he liked it and we will do it again next year. Most of the other boys had played before so he had some catching up to do. But he got really good at getting aggressive and started going for the ball more.

I had a little debate after it was all over. There is a very competitive league for soccer here and I considered putting Kyle in it. Knowing Kyle, I strongly feel that he needs a sport to focus himself into. Not just for confidence but also for an outlet for him. He has some natural leadership tendencies in him. But it is very time consuming and I just don't feel that we are ready for that level of competition. Once you start that, it is a commitment. I know those kinds of things will come soon enough. So not yet, but maybe in a year or two if he wants. In the meantime, recreational games are good enough for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's a great team