Sunday, June 24, 2012

Wildcat Run

One of the great things about Kyle's elementary school is that they do something called the Wildcat Run. Every kid in the school runs 1 mile. Parents and teachers show up to cheer them on. Even the last kids to make it to the finish line get cheered on.

Last year, I wished that I ran with Kyle. A lot of parents did. So I thought this year I would. I figured I could encourage him to go faster and not stop. Little did I know how fast he was! He took right off, and didn't look back. I definately couldn't catch him. I was so proud of him! He did amazing. I wish now that I didn't run, because I didn't get to see him cross the finish line. But it was still neat to be a part of it.

I think this yearly event teaches the kids a lot. They learn physical lessons as well as endurance. It is amazing to see.

Next year, maybe I will run with Blake, and just watch Kyle from the sidelines. He is fast! My kids are lucky to have such great schools.

No comments: