I decided to make apple pie filling. Kyle was my wonderful helper and cut lots of the apples for me. He really enjoyed running this apple peeler/corer.
After cutting them up we ended up with this. So much work!
I filled jars with the apples, then added the sauce. My house smelled so good!!
We had one small mishap. Dallin took his cup of ice water and dumped it into my bucket of sugar.
When he realized he had done wrong, he squeezed his eyes shut and covered them with his hands. It was actually kind of cute. It wasn't too hard to clean up, all the wet sugar just clumped together and I was able to pull it all out in one scoop.
After processing the jars, here is what I ended up with. Some good stuff for my shelf! This is great as apple pie filling, but also as apple crisp. Mmm, fall baking is here!
1 comment:
Yum! That does look good. We'll be over for apple crisp!
Post a Comment