The boys have been fighting so much lately. So. Much. I have been having to really get on them about putting their seat belts on too. They don't want to do it. Kyle pretends to put his seatbelt on but really doesn't. He even goes so far as making the clicking noise to try and trick me. Blake just pretends the seatbelt is so heavy, he can't pull it across his body. He writhes in his seat, saying he can't do it and crying that it is too hard. But I know he can do it, because he has been doing fine for so long. For a couple months I have been yelling at Blake in particular.
Me: "Just put your seatbelt on!"
Blake: "But Mooooooom."
Me: "No buts, just put it on!"
Last Saturday Brian was in Wyoming and I had the kids all to myself. I had an errand to run, so I took all the kids with me. Before we had even left the driveway, it started. Kyle and Blake had been fighting that morning, and when we got it the van you guessed it. They wouldn't put their seatbelts on. Blake was in the middle seats, pretending he couldn't lift the seatbelt across his body. So I turned around, took a deep breath ready to start yelling at him, when I noticed something. Kyle's foot was wrapped in the seatbelt. And Kyle was slunked down in the back seat, smirking. He had wrapped the seatbelt around his foot so that when Blake pulled on it, it wouldn't come loose. How long has this been going on? How many times have I hollared at Blake for not putting on his seatbelt when big brother was sabotaging him? And loving every minute watching the middle child getting it from Mom.
Kyle is banned from the TV tonight. So naughty.
Monday, December 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
good job, it's hard to catch those sometimes, You have great kids.
Post a Comment