Thursday, September 5, 2013

Front Door

My Mom is always into things before they become cool. She found out about Feng Shui a long time ago. In fact, she pronounced it "FENG SHOE WEE." It is really pronounced more like "Fung Shway." Anyway, she is really good at creating things, so I was asking how to better my house. She says that an entry way to a home should be welcoming and warm. Here is what it was. Blah.



I had been wanting to do something for my front door forever. I wanted to paint it but couldn't decide what color. So she took me to home depot just to buy me a new welcome mat. We could easily start there. And we found the perfect one!



So she got this for me! It was so nice.

Well, doing one thing makes you want to improve other things. So, I really wanted to paint my front door. This mat helped me pick a color.



Then I wanted all the weeds in the front dug out and looking nice. We got some new perennials and here is how it looks now:







Then, I didn't feel like the curtains that were on the door when we bought the house looked right anymore. So, I made some new curtains. I saw this material months ago on Joann's website. And right when I wanted to make these curtains, they were on sale! Ta-da!



So here are my curtains. I love them. And now I love my whole front door area. So nice.

No comments: