Monday, September 2, 2013

Grandpa John

I got a random phone call at the beginning of June. My grandpa John called me. First off, he never calls anyone. Ever. I call him every month or two and chat. But he doesn't call me. He even says, "I don't call people." But he called, and then he said, "I am coming out to see you." I was really surprised. I thought he would never leave his farm in California. He even went so far as to get a credit card in his name in order to get airline tickets. He always said he wouldn't get a credit card but he did in order to make this trip. I was definitely shocked but was also getting really excited. The boys were pretty excited too! And it was a great visit.





He taught the boys to play poker! They loved it! And he really loved playing with the boys.



Dallin had to be part of the poker game in some way too. :)





The boys never seemed to annoy him. In fact, when they would get kinda rowdy and loud, I would herd them outside to the back yard to burn off some energy. And there would be Grandpa John pulling up a chair with us. It was awesome!





He did such a nice thing for me. He dug out my weedy patch where I should have had a garden and planted tomatoes and strawberries for me. I can't even say how much that meant to me. I have been struggling just to keep the house up and the kids going while working. And so to have such a nice service, it was awesome. So now I have strawberries and tomatoes! They look great!



The boys taught him how to play the Wii. I think he really liked it! He did bowling and the airplane.





We went fishing too at Tony's Grove. I forget what a long windy drive that is. But it was beautiful up there.



Each of the boys gave him a great big hug goodbye.







I think we are going out to California in October to see him. Then the boys can see where he lives too. There is lots of stuff to look forward to! We are getting excited about that trip.

No comments: