I had a contraction that morning at 4:00am. I figured it was no big deal, and recognizing sleep as the commodity that it is, went back to sleep. At 4:30, another one woke me. So I got up.
I didn't want Brian to miss work for no reason, so I needed to figure out if I really was in labor. So I walked around, and took a shower. Contractions kept going. Next 12 minutes, then only 6. Brian got up at 5:15am, normal time for him. He could tell I was hurting and I told him I thought I was in real live labor. That was kinda cool since I never went into labor before.
My wonderful MIL came to our house and we left for the hospital just before 6am. Oh my gosh. Natural child birth hurts.
Once at the hospital things moved fast, fast. Let's just say, those last 30 minutes were bad. Poor Brian, I was climbing up his arm, panicking and bawling.
Then, just after 8am, this beautiful little person was here:
She was tiny! Only 6 lbs 4 ounces. When they said that weight, I almost told the nurse to weigh her again, since my babies are usually so much bigger. But she is just a dainty little thing. Dainty but strong! She was holding her head up right away, and took to nursing just a few minutes after being born.
This picture of her legs all stretched out cracks me up. This is exactly how she would lay in my belly. Her legs would stretch straight out, poking out one side.
You can get an idea how small she is, Brian's hand covers her whole body.
The boys were so smitten with her right away. It was special watching them meet her.
We are so lucky to have this beautiful little girl. We love you Julia!
No comments:
Post a Comment