Monday, October 27, 2008

Is anyone hearing his words?

So with all the talk about politics lately, it is hard not to get caught up in it all. I have been listening to both candidates for quite a while now and I just have to voice my opinion.

I am not a socialist. Therefore I will not vote for Obama.
"Property is the fruit of labor...property is desirable...is a positive good in the world. That some should be rich shows that others may become rich, and hence is just encouragement to industry and enterprise. Let not him who is houseless pull down the house of another; but let him labor diligently and build one for himself, thus by example assuring that his own shall be safe from violence when built."
The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln edited by Roy P. Basler, Volume VII

I have heard it said so many times these past few months that Obama sounds presidential, and looks presidential. But his words! Listen to what he says!

What about our military? Here are Obama's own words

The hateful Jeremiah Wright has been his reverend for 20 years.

Finally, thank you Huntley Brown for summing it up so well.

McCain is not perfect. But he is patriotic, honest, and a good guy. So come November 4th he's getting my vote.

1 comment:

Holly said...

thanks, Tara, I love this- can I post it on my blog? =)