Dallin had a big fluffy yummy cheeto that he dropped in the water. The wind was blowing that day, so when he tried to reach down for his cheeto, it would float away from him just enough that he couldn't reach it. So up he would stand, walk forward a few more steps, then reach down to grab that cheeto, and off it would float just out of his reach. Again he would stand up, take a few steps, reach down and just out of reach it would float once more. He got frustrated, stood up, and yelled. Then, determined as a 2 year old can be, he kept at it. Finally on his 8th attempt, he got ahold of that soggy, sandy cheeto and ate it. "Mmm" he said. All that effort made it taste good I guess.
The boys also got in a water fight with Grandma Bonnie. At first I felt bad that the boys were shooting her with tons of water, sometimes right on her bum. But then I realized that she started it by dumping large buckets of water on them. :) Looks like they had a good time.
We had to park quite a distance from the water, so we were hauling all our stuff through the sand, uphill. I gained a new respect for the beach volleyball players.
It was such a fun day, we have to do this again soon before summer is over.
No comments:
Post a Comment