Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Kindergarten!!

Blake started school yesterday! I like that kindergarteners start on a different day than the rest of the school. It just gives everyone some time to adjust.

Here he is going in for his kindergarten assessment. Cutie pie!

After watching his brother and the neighbor kids who he loves go off to school without him, now he is finally part of the group. And he is very happy about it!

He got some new school shoes, and has been begging to wear them. Finally the day came. I said, "Blake go get your new shoes!" He was so excited. We got his shoes on, and I said, "Ok, go get your backpack." His jaw dropped and he just stared at me for a second. I think he forgot all about his new backpack. On top of his new shoes, having his backpack too, he was just wide eyed. So much happiness all at once! After he recovered from the awe of it all, he was just squealing.

Big brother was pretty excited for him. Kyle told Blake, "You are going to love it. Kindergarten is so fun!"

He sat right down and started coloring. Oh, this back to school has been a little hard on me. First Kyle doesn't want me around to take pictures, and now my little cuddly Blake has one foot out the door! I am not usually emotional like this, but this year has been different. These milestones are big ones.

I love his teacher this year, Mrs. Kelly. She does this cute thing with the kids when they go home. They do an elbow bump, so here he is doing the elbow bump with her:

How cute are these kiddos! This is the neighborhood kindergarten group. Blake and Onyx are in the same class. They are destined to be great buddies! I love it!