Saturday, July 26, 2014

Raspberries

We are so lucky to have an amazing raspberry patch in our backyard.  They take very little effort, just water and some occasional weeding.  My kind of gardening.  They are aggressive growers and seem to do really well. 

 
Look how many we got!  Wow, yum.  The only hard part about raspberries is that you need to go out almost every day when they are on.  Once they redden, they don't last long. 
 
We planted an early bearing peach tree a few years ago, and we got a ton this year!  So yummy.  I wish these were not cling peaches, it would make peeling easier.  But they are delicious.  So, I took the fruit from our own yard and made raspberry-peach jam. 


 
Oh my yum.  So good!  I also did a batch of strawberry, which was ok.  But not as good as the raspberry-peach.  Wow, new favorite.  And here is my pretty freezer jam!  It makes a pretty amazing peanut butter sandwich.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see your peaches! I commented on that post a few years ago when you first had the tree planted. That, by the time you got peaches growing on that tree you would have a new baby family member to enjoy that fruit too. I wonder if I can find that post later. It's prayer time now and we are waiting on if ther is a moon sighting tonight, meaning last day of Ramadan. Eid!

Anonymous said...

Couldn't find it though, we send our regards.